My name is Pouneh Asli. I have been an artist for more than 35 years. I have a B.A. degree in French Language and IT degree, and also I have a Painting certification from Grumbacher.
My inspiration comes from various sources, images, photographs, or my imagination. I have had the honor of my work being displayed in several prestigious galleries and Art Exhibition:
* I received an award from and the best of the show from The Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum. 2021
* I received a People Choice prize from an art exhibition in Wausau. 2021
* I received an award and prize from the state of Wisconsin 2021
* I Got an Award from the State of Wisconsin 2020 Memorial Exhibition at CVA Gallery in Wausau WI. (first-place Award Jury Choice).
*I Had an exhibition in Lagunaart at California in 2023.
* I got an award and prize for the best painting in the state of Wisconsin in 2020
* Art San Diego on November 3-6, 2016
* Agora Gallery in New York May 22, 2014
*CVA Gallery in Wausau WI
* Golestan Gallery, I have also sold my paintings at many art festivals in Wisconsin.
My work includes oil, watercolor, acrylic, colored pencil, pastel, and gouache. I have developed different styles in my painting including abstract, real, and impressionist.
Agora Gallery (New York) about me:
Contemporary artist Pouneh Asli works in a wide variety of media including oil, watercolor, acrylic, colored pencil, and pastel. In her work, we see the melding of a number of traditions including Abstraction, Realism, and Impressionism joined with her own somewhat diaristic approach to gestural painting. Metaphysical and organic symbolisms linger in Pouneh’s sensuous visual language like golden omens. Flowers, serpentine figures, and anthropomorphic forms rendered with a vibrant color palette and abundant sense of texture lend each composition its unique presence. Interested in the translation of emotionality onto the two-dimensional space of the canvas, her work is a fluid extension of her emotional life and serves a cathartic purpose for artist and audience both. Pouneh says that the work “is like meditation. It fills me with serenity and happiness.” She has worked as an artist for 30 years and shown her work in a number of high-profile exhibitions and galleries.
My painting in Agora Gallery in New York 2014
My Painting in Art San Diego 2016